The management of unstructured data is currently a hot topic for IT Pros and C-level executives. A recently survey by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) found that only 16% of respondents are highly confident in their file security efforts. That means the remaining 84% could be at risk of security issues due to improper management of … Continue reading Managing Unstructured Data
IT infrastructure management. . . We have often asked questions on this blog about the sequence in which the components of IT infrastructure management get assembled. For example, whether the IT asset database comes first, whether license or change management is the next essential item. These questions reflect what we find in our customer base, … Continue reading Business Process Management: foundation for IT infrastructure management
Vector is delighted to have been invited to give a seminar presentation at this month’s conference of the IT Financial Manager’s Association, being held in Charleston, SC, July 13th – 17th. Kevin Kiley, our VP Sales and Business Development, will be talking about leveraging RFID’s real-time location tracking capability as part of a comprehensive IT … Continue reading Vector at ITFMA Conference: RFID in Asset Management
So, here we are again, this time with 75,000 customers’ details out there somewhere. Could it have been prevented? If RFID tags had been attached, would the laptops have conveniently been taken past a sensor station – or did they leave through a point of forced entry anyway? What is particularly interesting here is the decision process … Continue reading What do you do when you have just lost 75,000 customer details?
I’ve heard this expression used several times recently. In many cases the context was a need to drive down the costs of IT, and in particular the cost of operating and maintaining networked PCs. Another context heard recently was that of information security; in this instance the ‘back to basics’ referred to a need to … Continue reading Back to Basics?
I read the post from Adrian’s CTO’s Blog yesterday about the Data Protection Summit at the Hilton, Irvine March 11 – 13, and it reminded me to mention that Vector’s Asset Locator will be the main rationale for Kevin Kiley, our VP Sales Americas, coming over from Atlanta for the event to rub shoulders with … Continue reading Vector’s Asset Locator: Data Protection Summit, Irvine, March 11 – 13